Sunday, January 8, 2012

New House...New Adventures

We have had a challenging few years.  We have moved 3 times in 3 years.  Looks like we will be moving AGAIN!!  WEARE SOOOOO EXCITED!!!  But, we weren't planning on this move though.  One day last week at work, I was looking through craigslist at houses, which I randomly will do.   I came across a house for rent that had been for rent in the Fall.  I had called about it then but by the time we were ready to look at it, it had been rented already.  We did drive past it though and REALLY liked it!  I told Sean that it was for rent again and that I was going to call about it.  Saturday morning the owner called and we set up a showing fo today.  I was soooo excited!

This afternoon we got ready to go.  I threatened the kids to be on their BEST behavior!!  LOL  Sean had forgotten where it was and what it looked like.  I didn't forget!  It was just as BEAUTIFUL as I remembered!!  The owner just happened to be a member from our church!  His grand daughter is is Caleb's class.  In fact in kindergarten she had a big crush on Caleb and he had a crush on her as well!  :)  Sean fell in love right away!  As we walked into the backyard we saw how HUGE it was!  There are apple trees, a cherry tree, raspberry & mulberry bushes, a garden, basketball hoops, a fire pit, and a REAL TREE HOUSE!  The yard is big enough to play soccer and a good game of football in!  It has a couple of buildings that use to be a chicken coop and an outhouse!  LOL 

Walking into the house from the back we walked into the mudroom.  Nice big windows and perfect for getting all those winter clothes off before coming into the house.  From there you walk into the nice big kitchen.  Alot of cabinets!  There is a full bath off of the kitchen.  Walking further into the house is the diningroom that connects to the livingroom and what we will use as the office.  The house was built in the 1910 era!  It has AMAZING charater!!  From the living room is the front door.  There is a huge porch with a porch swing!  OMG I'M SOOOO IN LOVE WITH THIS HOUSE!  Upstairs are all 4 bedrooms and another full bathroom.  The bathtub is the claw foot kind!!  The basement is finished and Sean can finally have his rec room!!

The owner called us tonight and told us we could have it!  So as of February 1st we can start moving in.  We have until April to move out of here though.  Unless he finds someone to rent it for March.  I want to paint the new house before we move in.  I'm alittle upset about all my plants though.  I have transplanted them from each time we moved.  Some are very special to me.  I don't know how I can dig them up in March to plant at the new house.  :(  Anyone having any suggestions???

We are very happy with this sudden decision to move.  We feel so at peace with it!  We can see ourselves in this home for a long time!


2 comments:

  1. It's the perfect Grandma and Grandpa house too!!! OMG I'm in love! Are you allowed to buy it after??!! I so want to help you renovate it! OMG. Start pinning ideas! When I come in April I want to help you do lots of house stuff!

    ReplyDelete