Monday, January 9, 2012

"Pinning" Our New Home Ideas

Awhile ago my daughter Chelsea introduced me to Pinterest.  In case you don't know about it, it's an online bullentin board of ideas, crafts, fashion, food, you name it!  IT'S VERY ADDICTING!!  I go on it everyday and "PIN" things to my boards that I hope to one day actually do!

With our new move coming Chelsea suggested I start "pinning" decorating ideas.  That was a GREAT idea!  Our new house has such AMAZING charater!  With it being built in 1910 it has that old charm that we love so much!  Both mine and Sean thoughts were, "It will make a GREAT GOOD LUCK CHARLIE house"!!  Good Luck Charlie is one of our favorite shows and it's on Disney. Soooo, we are on a mission to have a house TOTALLY different in style than we've ever had.  A house FULL of color...BRIGHT color!

Here are some ideas I've found so far...


TOTALLY doing this for the kitchen set!  I would like to paint the kitchen walls yellow, not as bright at that chair but yellow.  Then have a white table with maybe teal, coral, blue and maybe lilacish chairs.



I LOVE this idea and how simple!  Just an old dresser painted (in this color too) and add the hardware to it!  TADA! 




I don't know if I'll actually do this but ...FUN!!!!



I LOVE the color of this wall!  I'm really thinking about doing this!




I want something like this in the kitchen as well!



Cylie LOVES this idea of the Christmas lights in her room!!  We are also thinking of making a Calkboard in a picture frame!  She wants to do her room in Zebra print with turquoise and a dark raspberry like the dresser in the picture below.


FOREVER Sean & I have had the same gold quilt on our bed.  Although it's very beautiful, it's not COLOR!  I was thinking maybe something like this...



Not too overwelming for Sean but still has color.  :)




And of course, Good Luck Charlie has the picture walls!!!

I would also LOVE something similar to these for the mudroom...




FUN FUN FUN IDEAS!!! 
Can't wait to start!  Hopefully Chelsea can make it home to help with all these projects!!  And the 100's more I'm sure we will find!!

WE ARE SOOOOO EXCITED FOR OUR NEW HOPEFULLY FOREVER HOME!!!



1 comment: