Saturday, January 28, 2012

This, That & The Other Thing

I never know what to write about.  I read my daughters blog and it's always full of "interest".  Her life is full of newness and adventures.  Then I think, why would I even write, I only have 2 followers and they already know all the things I'd write about!  LOL  I can't write about my job in the Hospital, that's private.  :(  The kids are either grown up or don't do or say as many cute things anymore.  Well, except Caleb.  But the things he says that are cute are because he's only 8 and he talks like he's 25!  LOL 

Things here have been so hectic lately.  Getting ready for our big move, working tons of hours, me being sick and the problems we're having with Cirrah.  Nothing exciting to write about.  So, I guess I'll write about all the uninteresting things in our life right now. 

First the move.  NEXT WEEK WE GET THE KEYS!!!!  But, we have only just started to pack.  Now that it's getting closer I'm starting to dred it.  I thought it would be easy, but I don't want to do it.  The garage is a mess.  Things aren't really in boxes there, or I should say as orgnaized as I'd like them to be.  We've been in this house for 6 months and there are still things sitting there that need to be taken to the dump and to Goodwill.  Besides, the house we're in now is so small that packing boxes will be a problem.  There will be no where to store them.  So I'm waiting until next week so we can bring everything over to the new house right away.  I want to spend a couple days deep cleaning it first.  Then I'd like to be able to paint at least the kids rooms.  I'd like to be able to paint everything, but we'll see how that goes.  We are very excited to be in the new house and FINALLY start over!  Our new beginning!

Cirrah has been going through a tough time lately.  We're really not sure what to make of it.  She has always loved school.  Well, not her first year of preschool, but since then she has!  She LOVES school!  Before Christmas she got sick.  She was at school and had an accident there.  Then after that she kept making up reasons to stay home.  At first I believed that she was sick.  But then after awhile she was making up that she was sick and couldn't go to school.  She would cry and fuss about going.  I believe she really did have stomach aches, but she was so upset that she was making herself sick.  Now lately, for the past couple weeks, she has made it nearly impossible to go to school.  If we were able to get her to school, she would literally scream!  She would cry, scream, bargin and even run up & down the halls screaming!  We would have no choice but to bring her home.  One day she started even before we left the house.  Sean called the Principal and he said, she just couldn't come to school like that.  She was beginning to scare the other kids.  We did everything we could think of to get her to go, bribing her even!  She did finally go on Friday!  PHEW!  I'm thinking she's over stimulated.  She's in a big class, 31 kids.  In the morning it's real loud and chaotic.  I think it's too much for her.  They are all together for parts of the day and split in half for other parts.  I think the switching is too much for her.  Too much going on for her at those times.  Even though she has done this the whole school year.  But, there are no rules in Autism.   What worked before doesn't always work later.  I think it's time we get outside help. 

When Cirrah was first diagnosed with Autism we had a Physchologist to help us.  We had no idea what to do then.  After awhile, we figured that this was something we could handle ourselves with alittle "thinking it through" and trial and error.  Now we are at a point where we don't kow what to do anymore.  So talking to a Physchologist is a good idea again.  It's just finding the right one that is goining to be hard.  We don't have that kind of time.  I wish there was like a HOTLINE you could call with immediate help.  Like, "We are having this problem right now, what should we do?"   That sure would be nice.

Well, for not having anything to write, I sure wrote ALOT! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving that sweet comment! How exciting to be moving soon,except the packing part of course. Wouldn't it be nice if you could somehow magically snap your fingers and all that was done for you?!

    I am sorry to hear you have been having a tough time with your daughter. My cousin's son was recently diagnosed with autism as well, I am not sure to what degree, though. I hope things improve for you and that packing and moving goes easily. :)

    ReplyDelete